OK. What is a pollen filter?
Not to be confused with your engine’s air filters, a pollen filter helps to protect your vehicle’s interior by filtering any air flowing into the vehicle through the air vents. Trapping particles such as pollen, dust, bacteria, and exhaust gases that may try to find their way into a vehicle’s ventilation system (particularly from all the construction sites around Christchurch), a pollen filter helps to make your car an altogether healthier place.
Do I need to change my pollen filter?
Along with recommendations from various vehicle distributors and New Zealand Allergy and Asthma Society to replace pollen filters every year, there are a number of benefits to be gained from regularly replacing your vehicle’s pollen filter.
A pollen filter in optimal condition will:
- ensure a sufficient supply of fresh air in the vehicle interior
- protect passengers from dust particles, pollen, and other irritants, and
- ease allergy symptoms such as runny eyes and noses, and sneezing, consequently enhancing traffic safety
- reduce the likelihood of driver fatigue that can be caused by dust particles and microorganisms inside the vehicle
- minimise odours and gaseous pollutants entering the vehicle
- keep your car’s interior cleaner
If the pollen filter is clogged, it’s not in optimal condition and the air inside your car will contain more dust, soot, and microorganisms. A clogged filter also allows dirt particles to reach your vehicle’s air conditioning unit which can have a negative impact on its operations and performance.
Good point. So why should I book right now?
…because, for a limited time only, pollen filters are just $80 fitted! Book your vehicle in for the day while you head to work or off to see the local attractions, all within walking distance (the boatsheds, Hagley Park, the museum, the Re:Start Mall, etc.) or book an appointment while-you-wait in our modern customer lounge with free WiFi, work stations, comfy sofas, and hot drinks!
Book Your Pollen Filter Replacement (Just $80 Fitted)
Book now using the form below (please enter your preferred date in the comments field), or give us a call on 03 377 7144.