Your Volkswagen Grand California Pre Season Check
Mitigate any risks after potentially long periods of storage over winter and drive confidently this summer.
Summer is just around the corner. With warmer weather and upcoming holidays, you’re likely already planning all the amazing places you’re going to explore in your Grand California.
However, before you pack your bags and head out the door it’s important to undertake a few simple checks to ensure your campervan is roadie-ready (especially if it’s been stored over long periods during winter). We’ve outlined a few easy checks you can make yourself that will ensure you can drive with the ultimate peace-of-mind this summer.
More information can be found in your owner’s manual, or you can speak to the team here – we’re your local authorised Volkswagen dealership and are more than happy to help.
Both visual and function checks can include:
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Window mechanisms (including skylight and camping windows)
- Roller blinds and fly screens
- Drawers, flaps and hinges
- Heating and cooling systems
Fresh and Grey Water Systems inspection
- Empty, clean and sanitize freshwater tank and empty freshwater lines if the vehicle has been parked for a prolonged period
- Empty and clean the grey water tank if the vehicle has been parked for a prolonged period
- Check function of hot water system
Kitchen and Refrigerator Checks
- Ensure functionality of all kitchenette components
- Check kitchen sink drains
- Check functionality of gas hob flame and cover plate
- Fill up gas bottle if needed
- Ensure the refrigerator is working
- Check refrigerator grille for damage/obstruction
- Check the back panel of freezer for damage
- Check refrigerator seal fits correctly and there is no damage
Wetroom and WC System Checks
- Undertake visual inspection of seal for WC cassette
- Treat seal on WC cassette tank using care spray
- Check the VW cassette chemical additive
- Carry out functional check of all wetroom components and drain
- Ensure toilet is operating correctly
Talk to the Experts
Whilst this blog post has been written with the Volkswagen Grand California in mind, many of these checks also apply to other campervans in the Volkswagen range (California Ocean, Caddy California). For more information, check your owners manual or get in touch with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Explore the Volkswagen Grand California
Your home away from home.
You shouldn’t have to forgo all of life’s little luxuries while out exploring. Make memories in total comfort with the Volkswagen Grand California.
This luxury campervan spares no details. Fully equipped with a large bed that sleeps two adults, a loft bed for the kids (on the 600 variant), a compact kitchen with gas stovetop, fridge, freezer, and shower, you won’t be heading home any time soon.
It’s not only luxury on the inside. A breeze to drive, the Grand California includes modern driving luxuries such as parking assist, adaptive cruise control and permanent 4MOTION four-wheel drive – there’s no need to turn back on windy roads or wintry conditions!
Let the adventures begin.
Please note that imagery and specifications may be of overseas vehicles and include optional extras. Pricing is subject to change. Speak to our team for current pricing and specs.