- Without limiting any terms set out in the Privacy Policies, your personal information may be used for market research, marketing and promotional purposes, including for the purpose of communicating information or offers to you relating to our products and services. Alternatively you are welcome to contact us at any time to “opt-out” of receiving further communications.
- Along with Miles Continental and its parent motor group, your information may be held and provided to the relevant vehicle manufacturer and its affiliated or related suppliers. Your information may also be used for digital advertising targeting and communication purposes such as, but not limited to, Facebook and Google as well as email marketing providers such as Mailchimp.
The dealership uses two types of user information: anonymous information gathered from cookies and log files, and personal information you provide us for certain services. See below for definitions of each of these methods.
The dealership maintains standard web logs that record data about all visitors to this website. These logs may contain:
- The Internet domain from which you access this site.
- Your IP address (Your computer is automatically assigned an IP address when you surf the Internet. Your IP address is either static or dynamic. A static IP address may be identifiable to you; a dynamic address is usually not identifiable to you).
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited this site.
- The pages you viewed on this site.
- The address of the website from which you linked.
The dealership uses web log information to help us design our site, to identify popular site features, to make the site more useful for visitors, and to help promote relevant products to site visitors on third party websites. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we normally do not attempt to identify individuals from these logs. However, we may use web logs to identify persons attempting to break into, disrupt, or damage our site. We may share web log information with law enforcement personnel if we believe evidence exists, or is likely to occur, of a violation of federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Volunteering Personal Information
Users may choose to volunteer personal information (name, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) in order for us to provide them with services such as brochure and information requests, surveys and contests, site announcements, and special offers at the time of the request or in the future.
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide about yourself for things such as entering an online contest, placing an order, signing up for email updates. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We may use your e-mail address to communicate with you, for example, to notify you of special offers or programs you might find of interest. We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. We may also use these e-mail addresses to provide order status and order tracking information, and to respond to queries.
You may be able to register with our website if you would like to receive updates on news, events, or new products or services.
We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and share with our advertising agencies. For example, we may tell an advertising agency that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
If you choose to register or receive products or materials from us, or to otherwise give us personal information, we may store some or all of that personal information and use it for marketing research and marketing purposes.
We will never sell your personal information to any other company.
In the event of a criminal investigation or a suspected illegal activity, we may be required by law enforcement agencies to share certain personal information.
Finally, we never use or share personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
The dealership takes all reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information, both while the information is being transmitted and after it is received by us.
Furthermore, once the information has been received by us, we use security procedures and policies commensurate with industry standards to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the dealership is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personal information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Notification of Changes
The dealership operational or other similar services for the dealership. Whenever possible, we will require any recipient of personal information for these purposes to agree in writing to hold the information in confidence, to use the information only for the permitted purpose, and to return or destroy the information when the services are completed.
We may also disclose any data, whether personally identifiable or not, when required to do so by subpoena, court order, or warrant. Whenever feasible, the dealership will notify the effected user by e-mail that such disclosure will or has occurred.
We may also disclose any data, whether personally identifiable or not, when we reasonably deem it necessary to protect the safety of (i) an individual, (ii) the public, or (iii) the security and reliability of the dealership and/or this website.