Terms and Conditions
Advertising & Promotions
On Road Costs
All non-sale new vehicle pricing is ‘MRP’ (Maximum Retail Price) and excludes on-road costs unless stated as ‘driveaway’. On-road costs for new petrol (non-commercial) vehicles are $1,395 which includes GST, 12 months registration, full tank of fuel, 3 years WOF, 3 years factory warranty, 3 years Roadside Assistance, genuine floor mats, professional groom, and pre-delivery inspection. On-road costs for new diesel (non-commercial) vehicles are $1,495 which includes the above plus the first 3,000km Road Users Charges. On-road costs for commercial vehicles are $1,695. Commercial vehicles include Volkswagen Amarok, Caddy, Transporter, Multivan, California Ocean, and Crafter.
All weekly figures are based on a competitive interest rate, 20% deposit, 60 month term, and includes booking fee unless otherwise stated. Lending and credit criteria apply and flexible deposit & terms are available by negotiation. For further information, please contact our Business Manager on 03 377 7144.
All finance fees are available on request from our showroom, free of charge.
All of our pricing is in New Zealand dollars (NZD) unless otherwise stated.
‘We come to you’ 24 Hour Test Drive
Please note: ‘We come to you’ test drive program is within 30km of Miles Continental and available on all weekdays. Off-site test drives outside of this are available by arrangement only; please contact us for more information. Subject to vehicle availability.
General Offer Terms and Conditions
Pricing excludes On Road Costs unless otherwise stated. Vehicles shown may include optional extras or accessories and features not available in New Zealand. All finance subject to fees and credit criteria. Contact our team for details.
Competitions & Promotions
The following terms and conditions are applicable to all competitions operated by Miles Continental unless otherwise stated.
Competitions are restricted to New Zealand residents, residing in New Zealand at the time of entry. Entrants must be over 18 unless otherwise stated and may enter only once. Any prizes or tickets must be collected from our showroom during regular open hours.
Prizes are not transferable, cannot be exchanged, and cannot be redeeemed for cash unless otherwise arranged with our management. Judges decision is final.
Miles Continental reserves the right to revoke a prize and re-draw at their discretion.
All reasonable attempts will be made to contact a winner, but if a prize is not claimed within 48 hours of the draw (or 24 hours for tickets) Miles Continental may re-draw or gift the prize to another party.
Any competitions run on Facebook are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Each entrant to Facebook competitions acknowledges a complete release of Facebook.
Entering a competition deems acceptance of these terms.
Prizes are subject to availability and may vary from imagery used or descriptions given. Miles Continental reserves the right to contact competition entrants via email about further promotions unless the entrant has opted-out at time of entry. The entrant may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Prize is one (1) nights stay at any South Island PurePod location and the use of a Miles Continental vehicle for the duration of the stay. Winner will be notified by email in the week following 21st March 2021. Booking date must be redeemed with six (6) calendar months of competition closing. The winner must confirm their chosen booking date with Miles Continental within one (1) calendar month from the day the winner is contacted.
Entries close 11.59pm Monday 22nd March 2021. Entry is via this form during the campaign period of 1st January – 22nd March 2021. For insurance purposes, the driver must be over the age of 25. Entrants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. Vehicle must be collected from Miles Continental and allowances will not be made for any travel costs in getting to or from our dealership in order to collect and redeem the prize.
Miles Continental will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner, but in the event of no response within 72 hours the prize may be forfeited and redrawn. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to have their name and photo of them collecting the vehicle shared on the Miles Continental social media channels, and in our monthly email newsletter.
Insurance will be provided by Miles Continental. Winner is liable for insurance excess cost in the event of an incident. Drivers must be over the age of 25 and provide copies of driver’s licences prior to collection. This insurance excludes cover for personal items/effects being carried or stored within the vehicle.
Vehicle and booking dates are subject to availability. The vehicle model is at the discretion of Miles Continental. Vehicle provided with one full tank of fuel. Miles Continental accepts no responsibility for extra costs incurred on this trip. Sample imagery used for promotional purposes.
Lapsed Service Survey
To be eligible for the prize, customers must fill out the lapsed service survey to completion. Winners are drawn quarterly at random. The winner will be notified via email. We will make our best attempt to contact the winner, but if we do not receive a response within 48 business hours, we will redraw. The redeemable prize is a $100 Prezzy Card. No substitutions.
Service Terms and Conditions
Service offers are not open to trade and commercial customers and only available for privately owned Volkswagen passenger vehicles unless otherwise stated on promotional material. All service offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer unless stated.
2. Promotional Periods
Service offer promotional periods are stated on promotional material and are not open for negotiation unless by prior arrangement with Miles Continental management.
Any promotional offer including a supply of oil is only valid for up to 5 litres of oil. Any amount required over this volume will be charged for separately.
4. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Redemption of a promotional offer deems understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions. Should any dispute arise that cannot come to a satisfactory conclusion to both parties, the offer will be null and void and a customer will be charged the full amount unless otherwise arranged with Miles Continental’s Service Manager.
Bookings and parts are subject to availability. In the event that either are unavailable, a suitable alternative to the same value will be provided at Miles Continental’s discretion.
Actual services and parts may vary from those used in imagery on promotional material. Please confirm at time of redemption if in any doubt.
6. Promotion Specific Conditions
Conditions specific to promotions will be included on promotional material unless otherwise stated. Extra conditions for ‘FREE WOF’ promotions include those below:
6.1 Free WOF can only be redeemed for customer’s own vehicle and cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. Vehicle must fall under eligibility criteria under ‘Eligibility’ section above.
6.2 The term ‘free’ applies only to the standard WOF inspection cost and does not apply to any extra services, parts, labour or otherwise that may come about as the result of a failed WOF inspection.
These conditions are subject to change without notice.
Volkswagen Service Advantage
Not all services are the same. Price variances across the indicated schedule are due to the inclusion of one or more of the additional service items i.e. Air Filter, DSG transmission service, Haldex final drive (4 motion only) service and spark plugs (petrol only). These items are required either time or mileage dependent as per the factory service schedule and are not required at every service. Contact us to find out more about your service requirements.
Terms of Trade
All goods and services supplied by the Vendor are supplied on the following terms of trade. These terms of trade may be changed by notice.
- Ownership of goods remains with the Vendor until payment for the goods is made in full.
- Risk and Delivery
- Delivery occurs at the time possession of the goods passes from the Vendor to the Buyer or a person nominated by the Buyer. The date on which delivery occurs is referred to in these terms as the Possession Date.
- The risk in goods supplied passes to the Buyer on delivery. The Buyer must insure goods from delivery.
- The Vendor is not liable to the Buyer for any delay or failure to supply goods or services.
- All orders for goods will be filled at prices prevailing on the Possession Date and the Buyer must pay the prices charged.
- Services will be charged at rates prevailing on the date on which services are rendered or if the supply occurs over more than one day, the last day on which services are rendered (“Supply Date”).
- All prices are plus GST and other taxes which are payable by the buyer.
- Terms of Payment
- Payment for goods is due in cash on the Possession Date except where the Vendor has agreed in writing that trade terms shall apply in which case payment is due on the 20th day of the month following the Possession Date.
- Payment for services is due in cash on the Supply Date except where the Vendor has agreed in writing that trade terms shall apply in which case payment is due on the 20th day of the month following the Supply Date.
- Limitation of Liability
- The Vendors liability for any defect in the goods is limited to the purchase price of those goods. If goods are returned by the Buyer, the Vendor may, in its discretion, repair or replace the goods, or refund the purchase price to the Buyer, provided that:
- the goods must be returned, to the Vendor within seven (7) days of the Possession Date; and
- Procured items ex Japan are non-returnable; and
- the Buyer must supply the date and number of any invoice relating to the goods; and
- the Vendor must have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the goods.
- The Vendor shall not be responsible for any damage caused either to the goods or as a result of the malfunction of such goods if:
- The goods are fitted by unqualified tradesperson; or
- The goods are not fitted to a good trade standard; or
- The goods are in any way adapted to a use for which they are not specifically intended; or
- The goods are added to or repaired using components not recommended or approved by the manufacturer of such goods.
- The Vendor shall have no further liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss or damage arising from any supply of goods or services.
- Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Where a supply is for business purposes, the Buyer agrees that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply.
- Nothing in these terms limits any rights the Buyer may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
The security interest created by clause 1 of these terms becomes enforceable if any of the following events occurs:
- The Buyer fails to pay any money owing on the due date;
- The Buyer sells, parts with possession, leases or disposes of any goods or does anything inconsistent with the Vendor’s ownership of the goods prior to making payment in full to the Vendor;
- The Vendor believes the Buyer has committed or will commit an act of bankruptcy, has had or is about to have a receiver appointed, or is declared insolvent.
- The goods are at risk, as that term is defined in the PPSA 1999;
- The Buyer neglects or fails to carry on its business to the reasonable satisfaction of the Vendor, or if there is a significant deterioration in the trading or asset position of the Buyer.
The Buyer must pay the Vendor’s costs (including legal costs, as between Solicitor and Client) of and incidental to the enforcement or attempted enforcement of the Vendor’s rights, remedies and powers under these Terms of Trade.
- Guarantees and Conditions:
Except as provided in the next succeeding clause hereof no warranty or conditions shall be implied herein against the seller by Statute, Common Law, Law Merchant or otherwise howsoever and no representation or express condition or warranty shall be binding on the seller unless it be in writing and signed for or on behalf of the seller.
Where the goods or any of them are subject to an express warranty given by the manufacturer thereof or the parties supplying the same to the seller in either case being a warranty upon which the seller may rely, then the terms of such express warranty shall be deemed to be incorporated herein but without creating any privity of contract between the buyer and such manufacturers or supplier to the seller and in such case where a claim is made by the buyer under such warranty the judgement of the manufacturer or supplier as the case may be, as to whether or not there has been a breach of the said warranty shall be final and binding upon the seller and the buyer.
- Extent of Liability
- The liability of the seller to the buyer shall not in any case exceed the purchase price of the goods in respect of which such liability arises and this limitation shall apply to liability howsoever arising whether in contract or in tort and:
- In any case of liability in the part of the seller arising from breach of contract the seller shall be under no liability for damages or consequential loss to the buyer arising from the breach.
- Exclusion of Liability
The seller shall not be responsible for any damages whatsoever caused either to the products supplied or as a result of the malfunction of such products in the event that such products supplied are fitted by unqualified tradesmen or if such products be fitted in an untradesmanlike manner and/or if such products are in any way adapted to a use to which they are not specifically intended and/or if such products be added to or repaired by components not recommended or approved by the manufacturer of such products.
Credits sought for returned goods are at vendor’s discretion and:-
- Must be returned within 7 days of receipt;
- Must be returned freight free;
- Must be in good saleable condition in manufacturer’s/suppliers’ original containers, unsoiled and undamaged;
- Must be accompanied by number and date of supplying invoice;
- Item Ex not normal stock line, a 20% penalty will be incurred plus return freight;
- Stock line items returned after 7 days will incur a 10% penalty
- Procured items are non-returnable
- Electrical items are non-returnable
- Parts procured through Parts Trader are non-returnable
- A Credit shall not be raised for goods which have been incorrectly ordered by the buyer.
- Credits will not be paid in Cash.
Finance Terms, Conditions, Fees
Finance available through our dealership is subject to terms, conditions, fees, and lending criteria. When not otherwise mentioned on our website or advertising, these are available free of charge from our team.
Please note that when considering any finance option we recommend that you seek independent financial/legal advice. for full details and advice.
We have a number of loan providers available to us. For information, terms, conditions, and fees, please visit the following links:
Finance through UDC is subject to lending criteria, terms, conditions, and fees. Follow the below links for details or speak to our in-house team. Please note that when considering any finance option we recommend that you seek independent financial/legal advice.
- Standard Fees and Charges
- General Conditions
- Credit Sale Agreement (Personal)
- Term Loan (Personal)
- Security Agreement (Personal)
- Early Repayment Charge (Consumer)
- Subsequent Dealing (Change of address/Complaints/Dispute Resolution/Hardship/Defaults)
Finance through Volkswagen Finance and European Financial Services is subject to lending criteria, terms, conditions, and fees. Follow the below links for details or speak to our in-house team for details. Please note that when considering any finance option we recommend that you seek independent financial/legal advice. for full details and advice.
- More information on Volkswagen Finance
- Consumer Credit Agreement
- Rates & Fees
- Consumer Operating Lease Agreement
Finance through Heartland Bank is subject to lending criteria, terms, conditions, and fees. Follow the below links for details or speak to our in-house team for details. Please note that when considering any finance option we recommend that you seek independent financial/legal advice. for full details and advice.